Also Known As: Bain al Jessrain (Between the Bridges or “BTB”), Sas al Nakhl, Mangrove Village, Golf Gardens, Abu Dhabi Golf Club
Landmarks: The Grand Mosque, Mangrove Village, Golf Gardens, Abu Dhabi Golf Club, Souq Qaryat al Beri (in the Shagri-La), the Fairmont
Schools: Brighton College (in Khalifa Park), Al Yasmina (in Al Raha), Gems American Academy (in Khalifa A), Al Raha (in Al Raha), BISAD (in MBZ)
Location: This area runs from the Grand Mosque east past Abu Dhabi Golf Club and on to the edge of Khalifa A and Al Raha Gardens.
Unique Features: This area links the metropolis of Abu Dhabi island with the suburbs of Khalifa A and Al Raha. With the Grand Mosque towering over it this is an exclusive area with great connections to the whole of the City.
Accommodation Type: Mostly stand-alone villas (in Bain al Jessrain) and the highly sought-after complexes of Golf Gardens, Mangrove Village and Sas al Nakhl.
This area can be split into several different parts:
1. Between the Bridges (aka BTB or Bain Al Jessrain): So named because it falls between the Maqtaa and Mussafah bridges on the mainland just before you come onto Abu Dhabi Island. Its home to the Fairmont and Shangri-La hotels and numerous stand alone villas and compounds
2. Officers City: This is the area just below 30th Street and the Mussafah Bridge. It has a Spinneys. The area comprises:
- Officers City itself, which is a large grouping of stand-alone villas;
- Mangrove Village, which is one of the oldest and most famous of the compounds in Abu Dhabi boasting a host of luxury villas, its own mini supermarket, a gym, swimming pools, tennis courts, a marina, beach and children’s play area; and
- Seashore Villas, Next to Mangrove Village with a mix of villas and apartments, a gym, swimming pools, a beach and children’s play areas.
3. Golf Gardens: Set close up against Abu Dhabi Golf Club this network of town houses and villas boast excellent recreational and sports facilities, a lovely Garden Club, shops and entertainment space are all within the community.
4. Sas al Nakhl: Is a relatively new villa development just below Abu Dhabi Golf Club. It is far more affordable than its neighbours Mangrove Village and Golf Gardens but still offers plenty of tranquility and impressive amenities.
Local Secret: The Westin Hotel next to Abu Dhabi Golf Club has a great sports bar called the Retreat. Check out the facilities at Al Forsan (go-carting, wakeboarding, paintball) – the best-kept secret in Abu Dhabi